Friday, June 1, 2012

Made from Scratch

          Audrey has been asking to make barrettes for her hair since we had lunch with wonderful friends on Monday.  She saw that her friend made her own barrettes out of felt.  Inspired, she began asking for me to get the necessary supplies.  When I made our "summer fun" list, I simply added "make barrettes" as one of our activities.  So, I gathered our supplies:  basic barrettes from Wal-Mart, felt, glue gun, poms, scissors, and a computer (to give me ideas, as I am not naturally this type of crafty).  Audrey picked the colors, I cut out flower shapes, and she layered the flowers to make her barrette.  I put a dab of hot glue on the felt, and she layered her creations.  In the end, we had over a dozen very cute, wearable hair barrettes!  (Audrey even added some to a headband so Claire could wear a few in her very fine hair).

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love your barrettes! Good job girls!

Courtney said...

Those are adorable, Erika!!! You girls did a nice job. :)

Courtney said...

14

Rachel said...

Love this idea! You are the bomb.