Summer! I love it, but recently, we've had such hot days that playing outside has been a chore rather than a treat. If we brave the outdoors, we rarely last more than a few minutes unless water is involved. I am not currently at my own house, so my usual indoor methods of play and distraction are unavailable. Thankfully, over the course of the summer, we've amassed quite a collection of crafts and toys to use here at Gram and Pa's house. Audrey loves craft time and will happily paint with water colors or glitter paint for some time before gearing up for the next adventure. Most of our indoor games, though, are much more active. Audrey's timing is impeccable, and she's always up for a game of tag or chase after one of my Saturday long runs! Ouch for mommy!
Claire is an easy baby to entertain. She'll happily sit on the floor and play with her toys, crawl around and explore, or practice furniture surfing as she improves her balance and walking skills. Lately, she's thrilled with a good game of peek-a-boo or chase. Yup. At 8 1/2 months old, she'll crawl as fast as she can in the opposite direction of me if I say, "I'm gonna get you." Then she'll quick turn and start crawling after me. Did I mention that she and Audrey like to wrestle? Well, that's what Audrey calls it. Claire will crawl on top of Audrey and laugh. So far, we've only had one Claire face-plant, but I'm sure more are on their way.
Audrey glitter painting at craft time.

Audrey and I making blueberry crumb cake (yum!)
No comments:
Post a Comment